Monday, May 9, 2011

MY FIRST RUN

Photo Credit: My Chase Fun Run Official Website

Finally, I was baptized to run.

Though I've tried joining fun run at MEPZCEM's annual running event, it's only last Sunday that I've made a self-declaration and commitment to take running seriously,  for three reasons.

1. To stay fit
2. To stay fit
3. And to stay fit

I was never a sports buff.  In fact, I dreaded ball games in college and I most dislike PE subject.

At 32, I've not even entertained the thought of embracing an active and healthy lifestyle. But thinking about my age and my family made me realize now is the right time to take good care of my health.  Being a father, I have to be in tip top shape to better provide for my family. And the only healthy regimen I could think of is running.

So when an invitation for My Chase Fun Run organized by our client, Philippine Iino Corporation came in, I didn't hesitate to give my nod. 

On the first place, who could resist a free registration that comes with it a nice running shirt?

I didn't exactly know how far 6k was. Didn't even thought if I can bear the distance.  I just signed up under 6k category to be with my boss.  

So I was with him when the run started. A man whom I admire and respect so much, sharing that running moment with him is such a precious and priceless moment.  

Malipayong Runner during the start of the race
In the middle of the race, I was lost in the crowd and did not see my boss anymore. I decided not to look for him and run on my own. 

I ran and ran.

Decided to finish the 6k that I have set for myself.  

Though it's only a fun run, I considered it as a personal accomplishment for me – a personal record I've conquered myself . 

Not bad for a first time serious runner like me.

Malipayong Runner doing power walk
                                    

This is the start of my running stories.

Beautiful and inspiring stories behind every running adventures that are yet to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment