Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MISSED GRADUATION

Few years ago I missed attending my college graduation.

I have no choice because I have to attend an awarding ceremony organized by the  City  of  Lapu-Lapu  where  I  will  be receiving an award and the plum comes with it a ten cash  prize .  I pleaded the organizers if possible for me to prioritize my graduation, but to no avail.

Looking  back, I guess it was a decision I’ve regreted.  I shouldn’t  have traded  off  my  graduation  for money.  For anyone who have toiled hard to finish  college,  graduation  means  a  lot  and  no  amount  of  money can compensate  the  feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment one can experience in a graduation ceremony.

Last  Nov 23, 2011,  I missed graduation the second time around – this time our  RUNNR  Academy  graduation.  I had to be with my wife YhanYhan and my baby  girl Mandela who were both ill on that day.  I have long been waiting for  the  graduation  and  in fact very excited about it,  but I know that my
family  is  more important than anything else. As runners, there are myriad running  events  or  activities  that  excite us and take most of our time. Being  a  family  man,  I  guess the key is just to know our priorities and
strive to attain balance.

I  texted  my  friend  Jowy  who  was  kind enough to get my Certificate of Completion and Newton  Commemorative Shirt. 

I was very happy when he handed it to me the following day.

My RUNNR Academy Certificate of Completion

True  that  I missed the graduation but the insights gained will be forever kept in my mind and heart.  The time and effort that I invested into it will not be put in vain.  The academy led me to meet people who shared they same love and burning passion for the sport.  Beautiful people whom the privilege of knowing I deeply treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment