Thursday, January 19, 2012

ABOUT MALIPAYONG RUNNER

I'm Sherwin Ongco Ochea, thirty-something Running Bug from the beautiful Queen City Of The South.

I label myself as Malipayong Runner because I find happiness in my passion called running.  I am just a perennial average weekend runner who trails the road not to compete and aim for a podium finish but just to sweat it out, stay healthy, be in form and fit.

Malipayong, which is the Cebuano word for "Happy" was inspired by the famous "Run Happy" tagline of the running apparel brand, Brooks.

I am a medal-hungry runner, whose sole motivation is the finisher's medal that comes after every race. I starve for medals because I believe it last longer than pain.

Since I started running in April 2011, I'd never looked back and still craving for more adventures on the road. My ultimate running goal is to run at least 100 marathons and my running bucket list includes the World Marathon Majors.

When not on my running gear, I don a corporate look and works as a Branch Manager in one of the country's commercial banks.

I am happily married to my loving wife, YhanYhan and is blessed with adorable angels, Mandela and Makena and lives in Cordova, Cebu, Philippines.

4 comments:

  1. So this is a new blogsite..nice one! This keeps me updated...thanks...okRYAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes this is a new blog intended for my running escapades..thanks okRYan and HAPPY RUNNING !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherwin good day! How can you help us on our event in posting it in your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sir,

    You may email the event details to malipayongrunner@gmail.com.

    I will be glad to post and promote it here.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete